We believe that in textiles, Quality means “ Best Raw Material”, “State of the art Machinery” & “ Highly Trained and Skilled Human Resources”.
The Quality Management at our Mills believes in implementation of all three.
Souring of Raw Materials
The Market environment today has become increasingly competitive with the consumer becoming more Quality conscious. Therefore, besides sophistication in terms of speed and technology of machinery, it is very important for a mill to know all the important properties of the Fiber. In the case of Raw Cotton, especially, it is necessary to know Fiber properties of each and every bale and to understand how the fiber properties interact with the processing conditions to determine the Yarn quality and the performance of the process itself.
Raw Cotton Fiber characteristics vary from field to field. This variation is due to genetic and environmental factors such as harvesting and ginning conditions. Therefore, our Raw Cotton selectors choose Raw cotton based on its Physical characteristics, Length of Fibre, Trash Percentage, Micronaire, Pressley and Colour grade. The quality monitoring starts at the cotton procurement stage. Only cotton which meets all the required characteristics is purchased.
We also Import Raw Cotton from America, Australia, Egypt, West Africa, C.I.S. China depending on the type of yarn to be produced as per the customer’s requirement.
Processing ( Machinery & and Professional Human Resource)
“NO SUBSITITE OF BEST QUALITY” is the reality we believe in, and we strive to service our customers at every stage according to that belief by adopting the following procedure:
- We carry out mixing of the cotton in three shifts, round the clock. Trained and expert workers open bales, which are laid down properly by trained labourers after the bales have been tested by the quality department. All the important parameters of fiber are tested to keep the mixing even throughout the season.
- Our Blow room line consists of Trutzschler machines. To keep the yarn free from contamination we employed persons on the feed lattice for manually picking out contaminants. Fiber growth, neps and waste extraction is monitored throughout the blow room line using most modern testing equipment, including AFIS.
We use different Origin of Cotton such as US PIMA, EGYPTIAN GIZA, Chinese, among others. Unlike these growths, Pakistani Cotton has some inherent contamination and we use the following procedures to minimize the contamination presence in yarn:
- We have manual Contamination Picking System at our Blow Room level so that maximum quantity of foreign Matters can be removed at the early stages.
- LOPTEX CONTAMINATION SORTER: Our blow rooms are equipped with Two Loptex Sorters in one line to remove the remaining contamination before it reaches the Carding stage. The Loptex Sorters can detect and remove visible contamination of upto 1 square centimeter effectively.
- All Autoconers are equipped with Loepfe Yarn Master Spectra, which further controls and eliminates the contamination in the yarn.
- The card machines have a chute feed system and consist of Trutzschler DK 903, Crosrol MK5D and Rieter C51 equipped with Auto-levelers. Waste percentage, Card U% and wrapping is carried out daily to check the performance of the Cards. The maintenance cycle of Card machine is monitored using AFIS N module. Every individual card is tested for neps fortnightly using spin test technique along with continuous checking of neps with the help of AFIS-nep module to keep the neps under control.
- The Toyoda drawings are used as breaker for cotton carded yarn. Card U% and Sliver Wrapping is checked for each machine daily to ensure proper working of machine within our quality parameters.
- The Automatic Unilap machines are used to feed the E62 Rieter combers. All combers are checked throughout the day for sliver wrapping and a weekly cycle of checking of waste percentage is carried out to ensure proper removal of short fibers. The extracted waste is also checked on the AFIS to ensure that the Noil percentage is sufficient. Neps are again monitored during combing process with the help of AFIS. Spin tests are also carried out keeping in view that every comber must be checked at-least once a month.
- Our Auto leveler Rieter D35 and Trutzschler HSR1000 Finisher Drawings are equipped with Sliver Quality Monitoring System. It allows 24 hour on-line checking and detection of faults that could cause Drawing Sliver to deviate from it’s required mean. Additionally Uster Tester-4 is used to test evenness of sliver daily for each machine.
- Toyoda FL-16 and FL100 Simplex machines are used to convert sliver into roving of our required parameters. Evenness of roving is checked for every machine daily by using wrapping drums and Uster Tester-4. The Uster standards are strictly followed through out the back process to produce high quality roving.
- Our Ring department consists of Toyoda RX240 and Chinese EJM 128A with SKF-225 German drafting system. Every individual count spun on our Ring machines is checked daily for count, twist / inch, strength and evenness using Uster Autosorter, Zweigle Twist Tester, Uster Tensorapid and Uster Tester-3 and 4 respectively. We practice to keep all quality parameters of yarn within Uster Statistics category of 5%. Some individual values may exceeds to Uster category of 12% but they are always monitored, and we try to keep it within Uster category of 5%.
- Yarn from Ring department is converted onto required package using Schlafhorst-238, 338, Savio Espero and Savio Orion winders. The Schlafhorst machines are equipped with Loepfe Yarn master 930 Plus and Uster Quantum clearer. On-line classimat is performed on Savio Espero to check the yarn parameters daily for each individual count. The contamination clearance is also carried out on these machines to produce “contamination-controlled” yarn.
By employing the above stringent measures we try and keep the quality of our products consistent.